Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Regretfully,



I never could juggle. Why it was a Physical Education unit, I didn't understand. "This week: dodgeball. Next week: juggling...?" It only ever took a few days to remind me. After that week, my quads burned and my knees killed. The cycle was this: juggle two balls. Check. Juggle three balls. Drop them all. Run, bend, and squat to retrieve all three balls from various corners of the expansive brick gym.

I learned to stick with scarves. Juggling scarves makes me want to run away to the circus. I just might, with those mad skills.

***

Cool picture, no? There's more where that came from.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got to juggle in PE? How funny. I think all I got to do is run around in circles and get beat up in the locker room.

H said...

Maybe if I had learned to juggle in PE I would be more coordinated now. But we were too busy doing Navy Seal workouts.

Seriously.

Flenker said...

(Ok, I'm not sure if I already left a comment here or now, but it says that I did. . . If I did, I apologize for leaving two in a row, but I honestly have no idea what I wrote for the first one, if there was a first one. I swear I have not had a drop to drink, it's 8:30 in the morning for crying out loud!)

I even had a hard time with scarves. I could never understand what the point was, as far as I could tell my future profession had nothing to do with street performance. Boy, I had a lot to learn.

Point Dexter said...

I never learned how to juggle either. But then again, they didn't teach us that in PE. They let us run around on our own and hurt ourselves instead.

Scarves are much more attractive anyway.

Point Dexter said...

by the way, Mad skillz? Ha.

Cool pictures. I love the one where the man is behind the lady and she doesn't notice him.

Maurey Pierce said...

Juggling was fun, but it was no pickle ball. I miss pickle ball.

Whiskeymarie said...

I think the craziest we ever got in gym was "folk dancing".

Weee! Somebody stop this crazzee par-tay!

Juggling would have been challenging at best for someone with such unfortunate hand-eye coordination as myself.