Friday, June 15, 2007

Bad Blogger

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my usual posting frequency. I would like to attribute this behavior to a wild and distracting summer vacation, but....

Here are some recent goings on in my life.

A close friend of three years told me he no longer saw the point of our friendship. "We rarely talk and I hate all your friends, so there's no reason to ever hang out." I replied with the mature, acceptable answer of "Asshole."

My best friend has been gone for three weeks and recently lost a very close relative to lung cancer.

I have had summer-long bedtimes and wake-up calls mandated.

I have had my interests insulted.

I have been badly sunburned, thus increasing my chances of acquiring skin cancer by 13%.

I am looking forward to...my youth group missions trip in three weeks. The week after, 8AM to 4PM everyday marching band practices. Then Band Camp, then redoing my room, then flying to California, then the beginning of my second year of high school. Okay, so, I'm looking forward to half of that.

Here's to getting out of the house as soon as possible.

Oh yeah, and I'm learning how to drive, so I can't yet do that by myself. Bicycle rides are a bitch.

8 comments:

Flenker said...

It must be something in the air this summer, for I have not been blogging as much lately, either. Although, you are much busier than I.

I, however, have not been badly sunburned, yet. Which is unusual for me this late into the sunburn season.

Point Dexter said...

Cure for sunburn: more sun.

By the way, cancer is a myth. They can't prove shit.

Ren said...

Here's to intelligent, strong, interesting, emotionally healthy adult children with good sense and valuable life skills getting out of the house.

Mark Twain said that when he was 18 he couldn't believe what a fool his father was, and by the time he turned 21, he couldn't believe how much his father had learned in 3 years.

Now get off of the computer, put away the Coffee Blast ice cream, and go to bed!!!

H said...

I saw the mandated bedtimes/wake-up calls...nice. Although you'll probably find that when you're old enough to mandate your own bedtimes and wake-up calls, you'll go to bed and get up just as early. Maybe that's just me.

Jad said...

Lies. You'll stay up all night and sleep until dinner. It's the only way to live.

Whiskeymarie said...

It's sad that I am 36 and am finally having the sort of lazy summers I wanted when I was younger.

Yours sounds action-packed, but fun!
Try to enjoy, despite the other crap.

Oz said...

I wish I had someone to mandate my bedtimes and wake up times then I might get some sleep and be a bit less grumpy.

HP sort of mandates my wake up times, but most days I get to sleep in until at least 5:45 AM so its not too bad.

Now if I could get the discipline to go to bed at 11:00, I'd get further.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had it a bit rough lately. Hope things start picking up soon! I'm sure they will though. Nice to have you back by the way.