Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Multi-Tasking

Here I sit in my third period class, typing this post because I find it amusing that doing so is an option. Actually, I'm on my knees (can't find a chair) and halfheartedly listening to Mrs. D discuss Change of State. There's a diagram and everything, but she knows we've been there done that and allows us to take the review as we need it. I don't have a focus problem, per se...I simply choose to focus on a different topic than the one at hand. I happen to be a Change of State Master; I'll be okay come End of Course Test -- a.k.a. EOCT.

A sidenote: drumline audition results posted tomorrow. I am very, very nervous. Not being good enough is my fault completely, so I've prepared myself for the worst. Optimism is good and all, but unrealistic optimism disappoints. "Realist" suits me, I suppose. Come back tomorrow for a) a sob story, or b) an ecstatic account of the summer to come.

6 comments:

H said...

Good luck! I'm sure you will be writing an ecstatic post tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Can you say snare? =)

Stephen said...

blogging is by far above class on the hierarchy of importance.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a drumline is, but good luck!

Also, realism is underrated. It will take you far...

Point Dexter said...

Thanks for checking out my blog Lucy. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. :)

dirty said...

Good luck!