Sunday, May 6, 2007

Oh How I Love My Jeans

Dress shopping, as it turns out, is fun in theory. However. When searching for THE band banquet dress, the outing is a dreaded one. Today's was fairly harmless; our first stop was our only stop. Filene's Basement had a cheap, decent selection. After a few amusing, floor length try-ons, I settled (lovingly chose, really) on a light blue and dark brown, flowered, strapless piece. The size is a bit off, but the tailor is my friend, the price was right, and I really wanted to go home.

I had enough budget space to purchase a huge pair of "pearls", a plate of chinese buffet, a pink lemonade, and a cinnamon sugar pretzel.

Alas, I forgot my camera. And believe me -- the people watching has never been better. Really interesting people like to hang at the mall, it seems.

Banquet is Friday, and I promise: pictures will be taken.

4 comments:

Flenker said...

Ahh, the band banquet. Ours was more of an "awards potluck" instead, so I didn't feel the need to ever dress up. My senior year I pretty much swept the awards, and was wearing jeans and a decent shirt, but not nearly as dressed up as some of the other people. But I still looked good, I wore my "good" shirt (H should know it, the green button-up shirt with the white stripes), so whatever.

Also, cinnamon sugar pretzel = delicious. Most excellent choice

H said...

Our band awards were not so much a banquet as an awards ceremony after which we enjoyed baked goods that our moms were forced to bring. I always dressed nicely, usually nice pants and a nice shirt, but nothing too dressy.

I would kind of like to go back and play in high school band again.

Anonymous said...

Band...it's pretty much the coolest thing since...no. Ya know what? It IS the coolest thing...ever. EVER.

dirty said...

Interesting people do hang out at the mall. Sometimes I go just to watch the people...