Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Combo of Sorts

As of today 35 people have died beknownst to me, including the VA Tech tragedy. The others were a student, a mother, and an uncle. I understand that death is part of life and happens every day. Why so close all of a sudden? Why so related to me and people I know? I don't think I overreact when I say it's been a spooky week.
...

I have links on my three most respected blogs! This makes me very happy as writing is a recent thing for me, and the "impact" is unsuspected. Thank you all.

Jad, Flenker, Stephen, and Matt now have their own playlists. Considering Jad doesn't know I exist, well...hah. I'll think up a good comment to leave ASAP.
...

Drumline practice today included drums and tracking. That's marching, for all you non-bandos. I got the chance to play bass and snare. I'm glad I did since I doubt I'll be behind a snare's carrier ever again.

Something I may not have shared: I love band. There is nothing like being part of a great line..listening to the synchronicity, letting every roll flow, feeling the tempo in my heels. Ah.

For all of the smirks this screen is receiving right now: that's okay. I embrace the geekiness.

3 comments:

Flenker said...

There's nothing wrong with band! I've played the sax for about 15 years now, played in marching band throughout high school, and loved it.

H said...

Oh I was a total band geek. I still am - I actually still play my flute quite often.

Anonymous said...

Seriously...there's nothing wrong with band. It's a great way to interact with others and an awesome learning experience.