Friday, January 6, 2012

One Giant Episode

this is what I feel like: {...............................}

Life might feel a whole lot less like one giant episode of My So-Called Life if I didn't suspect an anxiety disorder. I wonder if Claire Danes ever blamed her chemistry with Jordan Catalano on her brain chemistry. What an intense-yet-vague thing to blame. Pretty convenient. Less so when it's potentially true.

Those are pretty loaded (not to mention 21st century) words--"anxiety disorder." So are "weak" and "crazy," which is what the first two make me feel like.

I'm not really sure if anyone's taking me seriously about it. Which might be for the best, considering it balances out the seriousness I afford it, though it never feels best in the throes of an..."episode"? What do crazy people call bouts of crazy? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I don't drink enough green tea. Maybe I breathe through my nose too infrequently. Maybe I lost myself in a pothole thirty-three lightyears ago and now blindly revert to....

I don't know. I can't find any words. I can't find much

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sometimes when I would feel sad and I didn't know why, I would feel unbelievably alone, and upset that I can't just have a normal amount of emotions like everyone else around me, so it seemed. The reality of people that I have come to learn is that only the brave choose to talk about their emotions,your strong lucy. it seems that its a isolated thing and that when your in it all you want to do is fix it, but its not our job to fix it, its our job to surrender it, now trust me I know its more to it than that however God is the prince of peace? haha I love you and your records never get old to me no matter how long they spin =)

Scott said...

I think just about everyone has an anxiety disorder these days. Then again I think we all have good reason.