Sunday, January 30, 2011

Climbed A Mountain

I was thinking about moving forward with people who have hurt you, and likened the experience to slowly adding hot water to a shower; ideally, the water gets hotter at the same rate you're adapting to it. The struggle with forgiveness is that the water is getting hotter a tad bit faster than your heart can stand. Not enough to harm you, but enough to cause discomfort. The thing is, not liking to handle something isn't the same as not being able to handle something. Now that my heart has been forced to burn more often than expected, my adaptation rate has changed. At this point, I feel the need to be exposed to just enough disillusionment and loneliness and heartache to cause discomfort. The trends of happiness, then, aren't weakened, but strengthened by the back and forth of it all.

"Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well I've been afraid of changing
Cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older, too."

Ohh, Fleetwood Mac. How often I took this song for granted.
[Joni Mitchell pandora station FTW {for the win...}]

2 comments:

Ren said...

When your baby loves Fleetwood Mac AND Joni Mitchell, you know you raised her right.

molly said...

FTW, I am gonna use that now. BUt lu, I think you just sang my heart out too. Thanks for always seeing my side and even though the way I feel about ( You know who) might not seem so logical and fair, but its my heart and sometimes it is just to much to bare. Love you.