Saturday, November 24, 2007

To Feel Alive

My life is changing.

***

My music and words
and your words
and their words
and books
and Bible
the people and places and things
and ideas
the actions
the tears and smiles
the laughter.

My life is changing...

You are changing my life.

Everything and Everyone I have ever known,
...is changing my life.
I am seeing more than I ever could have,
relying on more than I ever would have,
thinking of more than I ever should have.

My feet are on the ground
while my head's in the clouds,
my eyes are on your lips
while my ears tune to Dave
humming, humming...

I don't know what to feel
because I feel more than I know how to.
I don't want to choose.
I am going to live it all.

No worries--
I know what I live for
I know what I love for
I know what I learn for
and yearn for

I know where you are.
I know where you'll be.
I know where I'll be
when you want to find me.

I know where I'll cry
when you forget where we've been,
I know who I'll listen to
when I can no longer trust myself.

I know how to feel
but not how to say,
I know who to need
but not who to leave,
I knew when to look away
but not when to forgive...
forgive and forget.

I know how to sing
to myself in the dark
I know how to dance
in the shower
I know how to overuse
people
and places
and things
and ideas.

I know how to give myself too much credit,
and I know how to leave the doubt behind.

I know what it is
to feel alive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful.

You inspire me everyday, Lucy.

Anonymous said...

beuatiful, Lucy; like you. =P

Anonymous said...

LUCY.
this is amazing! i love it! i love you lucyyyyyy!!!!!
ahhh!
you have a beautiful mind and a beautiful heart and a beautiful face. they all match your beautiful smile.

Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it :D

http://metaanomie.lupton-net.com/?p=166

Point Dexter said...

Rocking! As usual. Was this for someone?