Friday, July 6, 2007

Two Lane Etiquette

Dear beige SUV taking the Appalachian Highway last weekend,

You were really cramping our style. We didn't take the long way to go 30 in a 35. No. Our sport-touring motorcycle can handle 40. 50, even. It's a bummer you doubt your Sport Utility Vehicle's ability to do the same. I speak not only for my father and me, but for the Porsche Boxster and both Ford pickups behind you. I apologize for the tailgating Porsche, but you had it coming. He couldn't legally pass over the double yellow line. Passing at all was impossible while taking the sharp, blood-pumping curves. The Highway Makers provided quite a few shoulders for you to take. To let us pass. I suppose that just didn't work for you.

I understand that you were trying to be cautious, but we would rather you exercise extreme cautiousness behind us. And even then, adrenaline is fun. Try it.

Sick of seeing your tail lights,

lucy

2 comments:

Jad said...

Amen to that, Lucy.

Anonymous said...

That's what I love about the High Seas!

Not much traffic!