Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Friendly Interrogation

This is a requested interview posed by Flenker! Some answers I knew straightaway, some I had never considered. I appreciate the thought catalyst, Flenker. And, sadly, I am of no relation to Mike Doughty. What a buzzkill.

If any reader would like to hop on the interview train, follow the directions at the end of the post.

Here goes nothing:

1. If there is one writer with whom you'd love to be compared, who would it be and why?

This is difficult. I don't think I write like one specific person, and while I love many writers, I wouldn't necessarily emulate their style. I would be happily surprised if I were compared to Jane Austen. I enjoy how she weaves her stories with social observations. The characters are true to life (as true as fiction can be), and the writing is concise...yet detailed.

2.  What would be your first drink of choice after a long day in the hot sun?  And what on a cold winter day?  ( realize you may not have had many cold winter days in Georgia, but play along. . .:) )

Strangely enough, I categorized my favorite Starbucks drinks by season a while back. Summer is a Tall Passion Iced Tea Lemonade: the most refreshing beverage ever to reach my parched little tastebuds. However, I have never turned down a glass of ice water.

Winter...hmm. Some changes have been made. My father works for Starbucks Coffee and often makes my favorite, basic coffee drink: a caramel macchiato. Once, he ran out of vanilla syrup and substituted hazelnut. I now request it frequently. This has become the "particular drink": Double Tall Caramel Macchiato with Hazelnut at 140 degrees, please. I know, I know. But it burns my tongue otherwise...

3.  Where would you go, if money were of no concern, for a weekend trip, and what would you do there?

I would take my first First Class flight to Studio City, CA to visit my favorite aunt. I haven't yet seen her new place and I'd love to see her LA favorites. I had thought about backpacking in Europe, but I don't think I can get the full experience in a weekend...I'll save that trip for the "money is no concern where would you go for a month" question.

4.  If you were a wrestler in the WWE or WCW, what song would you use as your entrance music, and what would your wrestling name be?

I am going to borrow an already used theme song. NHL's Anaheim Ducks' Bro Hymn by Pennywise. That is a power song if I ever heard one. Not a face melter, necessarily, but it does make me jump up and down.

My name? How about....Dominating Damsel of Death. I love alliteration. It has a ring to it, don't you think? I'm already pumped.

5.  If you could own one piece of memorabilia from any movie, what would you pick, and why you you want to have it?

Ooh. Okay, here goes. Can I offer options?
1. I'd love a Men In Black memory eraser. Sometimes the persons involved in my antics don't need the particulars. It'd have to be in perfect working order, of course.
2. I often fantasize about the Clockstoppers watch. Stopping time? Quite useful, I would imagine.
3. I am going to steal Forrest Gump's bench from the Savannah, GA Museum. How great would that be?? Yeah. That's the keeper. It doesn't deal with anything impossible like memory-erasing by piercing blue lightbulb, either.

..............................

Now everyone else plays along! You may have seen this done elsewhere, but now it's your turn. Just follow these simple rules:
1. Leave me a comment on this post saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

Flenker said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed the questions, I enjoyed the answers. And it's ok if you're not related to Mike, I didn't know if that was a common name at all. :)

And you know, if you'd like to interview me, fire away!

H said...

Dominating Damsel of Death...I like the alliteration.