Thursday, April 5, 2007



This picture, of this girl, what do you think of? Looks like me, huh? Hah. No. It doesn't look like me at all. Yet when I see her, I imagine who I could be. I love her hair. If I wasn't blonde, I would try it today. I still might. Her Converse are broken in, and her bicycle is worthy of a second look. It'd better be, right? It's an ad for the thing. Don't forget the helmet. Safety first.

She looks strong, like she's been through a lot. I want to hear those stories. Why isn't she reading the magazine? Who distracted her? She doesn't look pleased... Apathetic, perturbed, even. But that's okay. She's earned it. I don't know how, and neither does she. She just showed up at the photo shoot, never expecting that I would flip through the latest issue of Ready Made and wish I was her.

2 comments:

Oz said...

She's not reading the magazine, because she's just heard a gunshot.

She knows the job's been done.

The hit that she paid for against on that girl who used to make fun of her in high school.

Lucy Doughty said...

hahahah.

you see, this is why you're the the novelist, and i'm the dreamer.

perhaps they are one in the same.