Friday, April 27, 2007

Come and Pass

No, yesterday wasn't my best. That's a pretty good summary. I got through it though, as you said I would.

I find only posting the Good dishonest. Good and Bad are very close friends, I've found. I experience both, and readers should know of both.

So it goes.

Yesterday I went to the library and introduced myself to Vonnegut. Slaughterhouse Five is the victim of my choice book report. The weather was perfect. I could feel the rain in the air, but the sun broke through. It was cool and quiet. I felt a sense of calm that should only be accompanied by...rows and rows and rows of my next favorite book. That's an exaggeration -- some I would never read. I wonder, though, how many life-changing books I walked right past. Plenty, I just know it. I'm not too disappointed. All I've got is time.

I gotta get ready for school...and that I don't have time to vent about.

I'm okay. Are you okay?

Happy Friday, everyone. This should be a good day.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I was in starlight cafe this morning before school doing homework, and I overheard a guy talking about how he turned a new leaf while he was in prison.

He and his cell mate were together for 7 years and they read the bible together. 12 times.

i'm not really sure what that has to do with this post, but i figured it'd be a story you'd like to hear.

Flenker said...

I hope you enjoy the Vonnegut. That's one of my favorite books! If you ever need some more book suggestions, let me know, I've got a whole library of them that are good!