Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weight

My answer to "I mean, I don't know what I expected," if I'm being honest, is usually "more." It just isn't always justified. And that's alright. But acceptance of that fact rarely manifests as initial peace with it.

Lord knows I don't impress people with my actions often enough to warrant being impressed more often by people's actions.

***

I have so much ahead of me that I'm excited for, and I still find myself in these ruts. My friends are upstairs laughing and having a good time, and I don't even want to be there. My heart aches with thanks for their presence in my life, but my heart aches too much to surround myself with all that happiness.

I keep craving being near someone who is as excited to hold my burdens as I am to hold theirs.

And I really am, you know. I'm excited to hold your burdens. I haven't broken under any weight yet, and it's a boundary I'm eager to push--especially for my friends. Lay it on me.

***

"It's sick that all these battles are what keep me satisfied."
--Love the Way You Lie

2 comments:

Molly said...

Hey,

I want your happy, ypur sad, your mad, and your silly.
At once, or in pieces.
Because doll, YOUR a beautiful person, in every season, with every reason.
And guess what? I have a stretcher for you that I WILL push and rest with you on, while we laugh about our broken hearts in this broken world.
Oh and one more thing... YOU are and IS never too heavy for me.

"Love is evol, spell it backwards I'll show ya,"

-eminem.
" MY Love is pure and everlasting,"

-JESUS

Scott said...

As long as you keep really pathetically low expectations of everyone (including yourself), at least you wont be too disappointed -- most of the time (laugh).