Friday, December 10, 2010

Sharp

hunker down, child
the earth at your heels
digs for answers, calling
your head to sky
tears to ground
head to sky
tearing the sky

wings stretch wider
than the smile God weeps for taking
heels push further
than the wounds I wish were faking
love goes deeper
than the leaps and bounds we're making

don't let the world bend your wings
don't let the fear play your strings
don't let the dark steal your dreams

you and I, girl, we hold the fire
don't-let-Satan-blow-it-out
don't-let-people-throw-you-down
don't-let-heartbreak-say-you're-found

the earth will bend
spring up around you
like pieces to mend
and I'll be there to see you again,
my lovely friend
to see you again, my friend.

2 comments:

M olls said...

Thank God for writers like you my love, God is Good God is Good God is Good, its becoming easier.

Ali said...

ah, crap. i wrote something very similar and uplifting and my third word is "child." I feel like a silly copy cat :P but this is beautiful:)