Sunday, December 5, 2010

God Moving Over the Face of the Daughters

^*Waters, hehe. But my version of the title is still applicable, and when I think of it that way when I listen to it, it makes even more sense. Also, if you've ever heard it (Moby's the artist), you may recognize that the base chords are the same ones used in the resolution music in Inception. And yes, the chords make me teary-eyed in both venues.


By the way, I did mean "base" and not "bass." I'm still a homonym whiz--don't you fret!

***

Soooo I didn't make it over to the park this morning. My workload is quite ridonkulous; I feel the need to skip church, if that gives you any idea. I will still find time to write today, and I hope you're excited! Because your expectance is the only thing holding me accountable. That and I'm worried about how complacent I've been with not writing.

Oh, I never told you how I recognized my complacency. I was sitting in church during worship and heard clear as day, "Why aren't you writing?" It wasn't audible... I haven't had that privilege yet, but it did hit me like a sack of flour. Why aren't I writing? Why aren't I exercising the one God-given skill I phrase as "God-given" because of the dire purpose and calling it has cemented in me? So yeah. One of those "Good question, God"s. Go figure?

***

Reading The God I Don't Understand: Reflections on Tough Questions of Faith by Christopher J. H. Wright for a book review for Old Testament Literature. It ties right into the Problem of Evil lecture Professor Rabinowitz (messianic Jews for the win) gave on Tuesday. I'm really enjoying it.

***

I don't care if you have as much protein as an egg, GoLean Kashi cereal. You still taste like tree bark.

Happy Sunday, lovely people! And hey, lest you forget: God is good God is good God is good.

2 comments:

molls said...

bring that book home, pretty sure it was written after my life. ha ha

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked at you blog in awhile and the second i read this post- i scrolled down to find so many more that filled my mind with things to think about.
You truly have a gift of writing and i'm so glad you use it.
God is good. =)