Wednesday, November 10, 2010

don't lose yourself/buh duh buh bum

Guess what? I'm on a Facebook hiatus! It feels really good. Partly because it makes me feel a bit anxious, and that dependence is exactly what I want to get rid of. I also don't need to tell people so much about myself in this season of my life. I don't like people having more access to me than they offer to themselves.

And, in hindsight, a word to the wise: do yourself a favor and set aside some of your favorite music in a category exempt from dedication. I wish more of my favorite songs could maintain their favoriteness, but I already shot that hope in the foot. Oh well.

RE: "Sure, we can grow used to being alone. But we're not supposed to." Not supposed to, no--but when prompted, beginning the process is pretty refreshing. And if you begin to lose yourself, God knows where you are. AND, as a special little parallel, if you give Him access to your information, He'll give you access to His. Isn't that spectacular?

Cheers!

P.S. Guess what else is spectacular? http://stephenbaker.wordpress.com/'s author (Stephen Baker...) is coming to visit me! With his esteemed friend/partner in crime/brother Peyton! See, December is a great month for more reasons than Christmas. :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like