Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Don't screw with poetry."

^My writing teacher said that. Ha!

Thoughts I've had today:

I wish I had a tea kettle, a bagel slicer, a pizza slicer, and a 2 tbsp scoop.

Kitchen scissors cut pizza?! Say whaaaa

How did I make it this far without a single silly band? (trademark symbol ftw)

I'd like to go to Israel.

I don't need to put sugar in my coffee anymore! But I still like it sometimes.

Coffee is delish.

College still feels like a summer camp.

I have no idea what's going on in the world outside of New York City, which is sad and somewhat ironic.

I'd really like to make room for a time in my life without a job, significant other, or classes. I have no idea where that would fit, and I'm not even sure I would like it as much I imagine I would.

I am very sleepy.

Getting outside of Midtown gives me hope for life in the city after graduation. I'm not even sure I'd still want to be here, but it's nice to know that there are areas where, if it made sense to be here, I'd enjoy myself.

Trusting God is really really really refreshing.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'd really like to make room for a time in my life without a job, significant other, or classes. I have no idea where that would fit, and I'm not even sure I would like it as much I imagine I would."

That time in your life is absolutely essential. It can (and probably should) be short, but it brings the most clarity when you can look at life completely objectively in one moment and truly intimately the next.

(wow. i did not mean to sound like that. i'm only 21, so what do i know?)

Trusting God is excellent news.

rebecca h said...

i keep comparing college to summercamp also. =P