Saturday, August 7, 2010

Good Riddance

Okay here's the deal. It's not that I was ever in denial about how fast time goes by. I just didn't like to hear people who felt they knew better tell me that that is the case.

Now it's all I can do to stop myself from shouting to children waiting at bus stops: YOU DON'T CARE NOW, BUT YOU'LL NEVER GET THIS TIME BACK! DON'T WASTE IT!

This is how I feel: :(( :O :D :/ :* :?@#$^!($@)#%$($%(@ughhhhh

I don't know what time I wasted, but it had to have been somewhere. I rely on time's consistency, but good riddance, folks. Why do last weeks in town fly as swiftly as lunch breaks?

And you know, I don't expect this to be the most intense transition I will make. It's the first wave of depressedexcitement, and I'm holding on for dear life. Dear, dear life.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

:(( 0@*@&#+#/#(#:-8#;#aahhhhhhh


Agreed. Where's the clockstopper watch when you need it.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...I love the bit about screaming at the kids. So true.

You will love college! You and I both know that. It's scary but exhilarating at the same time. Plus, you're going to be in NYC. Hullo...how awesome is that. (I used a period cuz it's redundant and no answer will suffice.)

Hope you have a wonderful rest of summer. :)

Ren said...

Precious Lu. What do my folks wish they could say to me? What do we wish we could say to you? What time IS exactly wasted?

Maybe some TV watching, but that's about it. The rest of it is living. Learning. Watching and waiting. Learning when it's right to get beyond yourself - like being patient or generous even when it's not your first choice. Learning when it's right to protect yourself - when getting enough sleep and getting some healthy food and exercise is the best first step to feeling better.

Learning that having the ability to struggle through the challenge is the greatest gift of all.

I came to grips with this - your leaving home - months ago. It was way too soon, and I reflected on all of the things I wanted to make sure we'd get done while you were at still at home that never occurred. But that is comparing reality to an imagined life that is really just pretend.

People are heartbroken because they compare the reality of their life with the fantasy of what might have happened. The road not taken never has pitfalls, right?

You will rise to embrace this adventure and you will thrive.

Remember Mom's short poem that used to be on the fridge at the cabin?

"Some guy said 'smile'. I hate that when I'm blue."

I won't tell you how to feel. Iw ill tell you that I am excited for you and that God has made me ready as I'll ever be to let you go live.

My love for you and everything about you fills every cell of my being.

Go live, baby.

Dad.

molly said...

Somtimes i wish i could put moments and memories in my pocket, and pull them out whenever i want to relive them.

As friends we will move away, but we wont move on.

Love u always luce