Monday, March 15, 2010

Icarus

"you put the verb in reverberate,"
she said.
"you bounce within me like a jarred firefly,
trapped but still lit.
blinking and communicating."

"I want to fly,"
he said.
"I want to smell the sun
and drink the sky.
drown in the wind
and whisper to the stars."

"you're quite the Icarus,"
she said.
"promise me, love, that you will cool before you burn.
hit the water before you swallow the sun.
I promise you, love, to dodge the dripping wax and cloaking feathers.
to catch you."

"don't you see?"
he said.
"you need only be caught.
for you are my sun
my sky
my wind
and my star.
my feathers will cloak you alone.

it is then you will know I am home.

it is then I will know I am home."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart just sighed. I didn't know that was possible before. This is beautiful.

If you were a guy, I'd ask you to marry me.

ren said...

That is very beautiful, Lu. Hearts are the one thing that can most hurt us. They are also the only real reason for living. The hope for joy compels us to crawl over broken glass to find it.

molly said...

" i and love and you"

Anonymous said...

wow.

this is really fantastic. especially her response.