Saturday, August 1, 2009

In case my blog title was no hint, I stick to my guns. [da duh chh]

"You know, I can't think of anyone else who hurt me so much that I made moves to willingly erase them from my life. But you did. Right before you said you're sorry, you miss me, and hate making enemies.

Tough."

...shame on me for loving you like a Pharisee. Shame on me for being content with not forgiving you, for being content with offering only earthly love. I have been redeemed more times than anyone who's not God can count. How dare I, though you're no prodigal son, refuse you due to pride, anger, and contempt. I have done away with these words. You do not treat me like a friend, but I will not treat you like an enemy. I forgive you.

- - -

[Aside from that, I wish I had more writing to offer you. I think once Literary Magazine starts up again, I'll catch on fire. I'm looking forward to it :).]

4 comments:

Nathan said...

woohoo lit mag!

Anonymous said...

other than the hopes of you writing more,
i dislike this post.

Ren said...

Dear Anonymous: Why so anonymous? Friends can hurt you much more significantly than enemies can. Have you never hated anybody who hurt you in a calculated fashion? Decided that life is too short to waste time on that person? I have a list of people who I think are despicable human beings because of their actions. Spending time thinking about why I hate them usually causes me to recognize at least some of their behaviors in myself. Sometimes I genuinely forgive people, and sometimes I don't. But I own my actions either way. And I sign my name.

MOlly Sharp said...

i agree with Ren.