Monday, June 15, 2009

Will You?

I had this dream last night that it was a big deal anniversary
that I accidentally found both tiny diamond rings
and the receipt totaling them at $150.
He proposed with the smaller of the two
and pawned the other.

I take this to mean that the economy has a long way to go
and that I will be happy.

(The proposal was untimely and naive, so I declined.
I shouldn't have.
You can't go back in time, and you can't go back in dreams.
I do believe it's worth hoping that tonight's dreaming will find both me and an atmospheric chasm,
repeat itself,
and give me a second chance.
Every day has the potential to change its night, however,
and I may decline again.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you really have that dream?

I love the line "I take this to mean that the economy has a long way to go and that I will be happy." Very witty.