Sunday, June 28, 2009

I wish I had the clarity to write more than stream-of-consciousness.

"In this state I shall not remain."

Not only does it rain on the just and unjust alike,
it rains on the Swiss and Australian alike,
the coal miners and CEOs.
And I can't know for sure because I was not in both places at once,
but I'm pretty sure the rain is bigger in North Carolina.
Bullet big.

I like being awake and alone until the playlist reminds me of how alone I could not be.

I'm building things by myself, and that's why they're falling apart. My brothers and sisters in Christ imagine my place in the kingdom to be crucial. In the depths of my psyche, from my tailbone to my toes -- I can feel the same thing. We're all crucial. But on the end of my cruciality I still tag "eventually." And I pray. And I pray and I pray. And I listen. And I smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, eventually... the number one destroyer of audacity.

And it does rain bigger in NC. It's been scientifically proven. The rain clouds have an age-old vendetta and will pummel the state whenever possible.

Something about cheating at poker. I don't really know the whole story.

molly Sharp said...

the raindrops are bigger iam a witness to that