Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Picture You in the Sun

There are those moments. Those super cliche I-feel-so-alive moments? I have those sometimes.

I don't like being alone when I have them.

Most recently I was home alone
in my bikini
opening all the doors
playing The Mamas & The Papas Anthology
on my first turntable
patching it through to backyard speakers
dancing like I do
and falling asleep in the sun.

And I had no one to share it with. Until now, I suppose.

But you should have been there. We could have been ourselves
in our suits
in my yard
in the sun
in the spring
in my wildest dreams.

3 comments:

molly Sharp said...

CAll me when u have those again i will totallly be dancing right beside u haha

Anonymous said...

i know those moments well. And yes, i think that most times they're much richer, more mango-flavored if shared.

but i dunno. maybe that one was made just for you.

akanksha said...

this is so cute. and super relatable. spell check tells me that is not a word. well, whatever.
<3 :)