Sunday, June 22, 2008

"Totally Underestimated The Creepiness."

The Cure, a beloved 80s into 90s alternative post-punk band, is a far cry from the act I'd pictured. Somehow, having listened and never seen, I envisioned them more along the lines of the fictional pop band of "Music and Lyrics," Pop! I don't know why I ever pegged them as such a posters all over a girl's room, on the back of your cereal box, featured on the next 80s comeback reality show, band. No. They're hardcore. And that's what happens when I accept a generous offer to attend a concert based on sound alone. Luckily, concerts run on sound alone. And even though they played every possible song except my favorite, "Friday I'm In Love," over the course of a 90 minute main set and 3 encore sets, I had a fantastic time. . .made possible by the surrounding and extremely intoxicated "dancers." Here are some highlights from June 15, 2008 at Gwinnett Center.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha thanks for calling me "generous" :P A date's a date, and I should be paying for all of 'em.

And that pic of the bassist is probably the best concert picture ever.

Moe Wanchuk said...

How was the lead singer? I read an article about 10 yrs ago that said he was petrified to do tours. He had stage fright so badly that he'd get sick before every show.

They're 1 show that I could kick myself for never seeing.

Scott said...

I'm so jealous. I would love to see them at least once before I fall over dead.