Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Disclaimer


No one can know me as well as I do

because I'm scared.



{that once the people who've caused more feelings than they were ever aware of
-that's a surprisingly large group of people considering all the everything-
became aware of them
I would be viewed beneath and through the feelings.}




I'm not sure this blog can express what I really think and feel anymore.

I know too many of you...



and I've found I'm not strong enough to say.




{I have just enough strength to wrap this up and wait
for the midnight reveal

and not enough strength to wear my heart
this real heart!
on my sleeve
and hood
and pants legs

No doubt the second requires more.}



This all hinges, really, on one thing I've never said

(but believe wholeheartedly.)



And perhaps even then

I know the hard faces I've worn too well

to let a single soul meet me where they melt.










but I'm willing to try

6 comments:

Stephen said...

brilliant.

the first photo is bill emory, no?

Anonymous said...

amazing. completely amazing.

Point Dexter said...

That's all you need to do - Try!

We're all afraid to let somebody into our world. We build this defense mechanism. You'll find someone who will make you want to break through that shell, and once you do, you'll feel so happy and so amazing with that one person.

I don't even know if that made sense. Keep trying :)

Scott said...

>> I'm not sure this blog can express what I really think and feel anymore.

I thought this entry did a really good job of it personally. And there isn't a requirement for you to wear your heart on your sleeve. I have never even met anyone who does 100% anyway. It's just human nature. I can sympathize with the want to let things seep out a bit more though -- you know, without the hard filter in place. If you ever figure it out, make sure to let me know how you did it :P

Anonymous said...

ooooo.... I like it a lllllllloooooooooooootttttttt. =). Do whatever is yourself. friends don't need disclaimers.

Breezy said...

oh my. this is really lovely.