Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Venue


There's a river inside my head.
It is never still,
all the while pouring through
from top to toe.

There's a sun behind my eyes
but a cloud behind your words.
There's a storm beside my heart
and rain where the blood should be.

There's a fist below my gut.
He tells me things no one should hear
and tears the stitching
my spirit had sewn.

A fire engulfs my soul.
Sitting next to the river,
she sees her reflection
and weeps.

She weeps not for sorrow
and seldom for joy
--but she weeps to cool the flames.
She weeps because she doesn't like to burn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yet again Lucy, your poetry inspires me to write something that pensive and deep; but then I realize I suck and give up. Keep up the good work!! I like your stuff. =)

Anonymous said...

Very nicely written. I love the flow of it.

Anonymous said...

I love your simple, powerful imagery. It makes me wonder what happened, or what is happening to you. The River, Sun, Cloud, Rain, & Fire are all part of life, and the richness of it. Hurts so good. The Blues. What would life be like if it was always sun. The tension makes it healthy.