Sunday, September 16, 2007

Nine to Nine at Eleven Ten

in the dark
cross-legged and small
i sit in a worn out hoodie.
their song is on repeat
it makes me think of him
and doubt myself
but i listen over and over
and under and over again.
my back hurts but won't crack
my eyes sting but won't cry
my fists support my chin
promising to support any violent tendencies
(as long as they are respectable and short-lived.)
the snowy stationery tells
of leaking hearts.
the penpal paper may, in fact,
know me better than i do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have to admit I don't know exactly what the title of this means, I really like the way it sounds.

Jad said...

Just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Whiskeymarie said...

I really liked this one.
Very nice writing, my dear.

Anonymous said...

I really really like this one.
Possibly my all time favorite.

Great job.

Stephen said...

I need your address. You'll be receiving a gift within the next year.

and by the way, this is incredible. I'm proud.