Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fun In L.A.'s Oriental District: Lost In Translation

"Kasugai's strawberry gummy. Made from fresh strawberry juice, is a very delicious gummy. Please have a fun time with this strawberry gummy."

"Friends are good. Sometimes they are so stupid but sometimes...you still find them adorable."

"Milky Way Puppy: To feel relief even though the sky is there...even the sky knows my mind."

"Oops! Its body and character turns dark when it gets dirty. 'Peodak' which is a close friend of 'Oops'. Let's make a funny movie with these guys."

"Well, I like egg fries, but I'm not an egg. Oh my god, anybody who can pick me up from this egg basket?!"

***

I found these and others printed on toys and objects in Life Plaza, "a perky gift store...stuffed with merchandise from Japan and Korea." -LA Magazine

Naturally, I bought them.

More on my trip to Los Angeles later this week when I can get my hands on a USB cord...and some spare time. Sorry, Mom. My remote thinking process is far from complex.

(...Haha!)

3 comments:

Flenker said...

Hope you're having a great time out there Lucy!

Whiskeymarie said...

I love all that sort of stuff.
My favorite gummy candy is this Japanese brand called "Funny Bobo".

I also had a kitchen slicer that promised to make my food more "charming and happy".
Indeed.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever checked out this site?
http://engrish.com

I think you'll get a kick out of it.