Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The World Is Up to Me



I don't think I've ever told anybody this: I have a deep-seated yearning to impact the world. By impact I mean influence, leave a mark, change...all that. I'm not yet sure how, where, when, or even if I will. I feel as though I must. Unbeknownst to me until recently, changing the world feels to be more of a responsibility than a goal.


While this goal may be common, I don't think it universal, and saw this here blog as a worthy forum for future updates. They may be few and far between, but I'm starting early, relatively, and I beleve that if I make the right choices, remain diligent, responsible, courageous, hopeful and close to God, I can *cue cliché* do anything. Anything within my abilities, of course (and, I suppose, the abilities of the people I am able to reach).

8 comments:

Flenker said...

:) Good for you Lucy! I wish at that point in my life I would've had the inspiration to want to change the world. I just cared about tracking down all of the recordings the Beatles did. That could be why it took me 8 years to finish college....

Jad said...

You're getting the itch at a young age, which is awesome. People usually go through the "I want to change the world" phase at 18 and promptly discard it before 19. Stick to your guns! We need more intelligent teenagers out there.

Whiskeymarie said...

I've always felt like you do. I believe I have made my mark in small ways, but I'm still plotting and planning the bigger mark.
The key is to never forget this promise to yourself.
And don't dismiss the little "marks"- sometimes they snowball into bigger things.

H said...

Go for it! That is awesome. WM is right -- the little things matter, too.

Point Dexter said...

*agree agree agree*

Little things mean the most to most people. I know I'll never do anything to make a huge impact, its just not my style really, but I'm willing to keep trying.

Maurey Pierce said...

You CAN do anything. It just takes work. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I actually believe hard work does pay off in the end. It has for me. Stick with it!

Oz said...

I agree with you.

I think that as Christians, we are uniquely equipped to impact the people around us.

It doesn't take beating people over the head with a Scofield Reference Bible either.

Showing people how to live and love as God intended us will have a tremendous short and long term impact on the world.

Stephen said...

you know, it seem's to me like God is growing you.

you've matured a whole lot since we first "met."